Friday, March 4, 2011

About Me...

Hello readers,
First and foremost I would like to say thank you for coming and visiting my blog, but before we jump into things I believe I should let you guys know a little bit about me:

Who am I?
My name is Griffin Marshall, and I am a sophomore studying Arts and Technology at The University of Texas at Dallas (UTD). I love it here at UTD and plan on staying here, which is important seeing as I attended a new school each semester prior to this one. When I'm not studying or in classes, I enjoy hanging out with friends, playing music, and going on vacations.

Why am I writing this particular blog?
 I am creating this blog for the sole purpose of informing people about a relatively unknown skin disease I happen to have called Vitiligo. I was diagnosed with Vitiligo about 6 years ago, and having never heard of it before, I can say I was a little bit overwhelmed when first learning to deal with the effects of my new ailment. Now that I have had six years under my belt, I feel confident in my ability to pass on valuable information to those willing to listen. In the posts that will follow: I will give a historical background for Vitiligo, give reviews and recommendations for various treatments and other care related to the disease, and interview people, (both expert and laymen), about the disease itself. I sincerely hope that the end result of this process will be a successful first foray into the world of blogging for myself, as well as a significant learning opportunity for you and I alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment